Caramelised Mushrooms #vimagourmetfoodblogawards #madewithAB #vimagourmet

Τρίτη 17 Νοεμβρίου 2015



Caramelised mushrooms with honey and fresh herbs. This my dear reader is one of those dishes you cook whenever you are too bored to commit yourself to the kitchen for more than an hour but still want to eat something other than yoghurt on a rice cake topped with ketchup - this never happened to me I swear... not!. It is a gourmet version of a slacker dish and I have been making it almost daily for the last couple of weeks. 

You see I have been experimenting with the "caramelising agent" changing it from honey to molasses, to maple syrup and back to honey. I loved the earthy flavour of the molasses and George particularly liked the smokyness of the maple syrup but in the end I settled for honey. Good old honey, flowery and light. Off course you can experiment and choose your own. 

   
Caramelised Mushrooms with Honey and Fresh Herbs
Serves 4
Ingredients
  • 500 gr mushrooms white or brown cups, sliced
  • 20 gr butter
  • 1 teaspoon garlic paste
  • 1 1/2 tablespoon honey or maple syrup or agave syrup
  • 2 tablespoon balsamic cream
  • 1 tablespoon dried peppers
  • 1 teaspoon ground coriander
  • Fresh thyme
  • Fresh spearmint, chopped
Instructions
  1. Heat a non-stick frying pan in high heat. Add mushrooms and stir them around for 1 - 2 minutes.  
  2. Add butter and garlic paste and sauté for 2 more minutes. 
  3. Add the rest of the ingredients except the fresh spearmint, stir, lower heat and cook until they start to caramelise, about 10 minutes.  
  4. Add the fresh spearmint, stir well and remove from heat. 

 Before I leave you I wanted to remind you that Box of Stolen Socks is nominated in Greece's first ever food blog awards organised by BHMAGourmet one of the country's leading cooking magazines. You don't have to live in Greece or speak Greek to vote for me so please click on the buttons below, scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Like for Vote icon. 
Do this for both categories and you will have my eternal gratitude!
 Thank you!